Assess context, review goals, set priorities, plan action.
Lowering your energy costs, i.e., managing your
P • Q – i, requires a plan. To develop the right one for you, World Energy does something radical – we listen.
What are your business goals and objectives, your appetite for risk, and capital budget? And how can we ensure your energy management strategy effectively addresses them?
For example, your long-term goal might be to lower costs by reducing the quantity of energy used in operations through investment in efficiency measures. But some efficiency investments take longer than others to deliver a return. They also require informed assumptions about energy pricing in order to produce their intended economic benefit.
We’ll also help you identify opportunities to reduce commodity cost or increase incentives income that can offer a quicker return and be used to help fund longer-payback initiatives. Conversely, if you simply wished to focus on keeping your energy costs in check by sourcing power at the best price, we’ll draw up a plan for that, too.
Every one of our client engagement starts with a plan, and with World Energy and our team of market directors – whose average experience in the industry tops 19 years – you can be assured we’ll apply all we know, and all we are continuing to learn, to help you succeed. At World Energy, Planning is the wellspring of effective energy management and a process that never stops. When linked with Monitoring – the seventh lever of energy management – Planning is constantly informed by market data and expert analysis to help you stay on track and nimbly react to new opportunities.
The key steps in our Planning process are:
- Step 1: We listen. What are your business goals and objectives? What are your energy priorities?
- Step 2: We review your energy budget and investments, risk management objectives and historical usage data against current market conditions and developments to help you assess energy opportunities within your organization.
- Step 3: We work with you to formulate a Targeted Energy Strategy – one customized for you – that supports short- and long-term goals and rank orders action items to help you best achieve them.
- Step 4: We execute the plan.
- Step 5: We create a positive feedback loop through ongoing market monitoring that continually informs planning, maximizing results.